Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Finally my very own digital SLR- The Canon EOS Rebel XS!

I have always been in love with taking pictures. I love taking pictures because not only does it take me back to that very moment and temporarily experiencing how I felt but its just amazing.



My beloved purchase from Best Buy

We have a technology in our hands that captures that one moment. I have had all types of cameras throughout my life- a 35 mm where I always had trouble with loading and unloading the camera and exposed the film and ruined all my pictures. Yes I learned the hard way. I always had this HUGE digital camera that was 5 megapixels at the end of my senior year and that was a lot at that time. It ended up being too bulk to carry around all the time so I got a smaller sleeker point and shoot.

So my history of point and shoots are vast- they range from Sony Exilm, Casio, Olympus, and most recently my beloved Canon Powershot Digital Elph. With a huge LCD screen, easy functions, and amazing quality of photos I fell in love with the brand Canon.

So that brings us up to speed with my first digital SLR. I officially own a Canon EOS Rebel XS!!! After yearning for one in the past year my wonderful mother and grandma bought it for my birthday!! I did tons of research online, through friends, and through random people and they pretty much said either Canon or Nikon as a starter camera.

I didn't want to spend oodles and oodles of money which one can when investing in the hobby photography so I went with a dependable brand that I can continue to build on.



My new baby..

I'll be spending a lot of my time reading manuals, researching features, taking classes, and just taking more pictures! (If that's possible!)

My goal is to take pictures of events but I love taking pictures of anything really. Any photograph that evokes emotion from you- I have done my job.

No comments:

Post a Comment